Emergency & Relief Aid | Food Pantry | Mobile Soup Kitchen
Love Forward is our Emergency & Relief Aid initially started in response to needs in the aftermath of three major hurricanes in 2017. St. John Community Promise provided food, shelter, and other emergency support to more than 400 families in Florida, the Bahama Islands and Haiti. Last year, witnessing the COVID-19 pandemic's impact on our communities of color, St. John Community Promise, in partnership with Genesis Community Health and the State of Florida Department of Health, opened the ﬁrst nonprofit- operated, free standing testing site in Palm Beach County, serving more than 1500 residents in a 6-week period and fully vaccinating 910 individuals. Love Forward also provides ongoing relief and food security to nearly 200 families through our weekly food pantry, and partners with Boynton Beach Faith-based Community Development Corporation to deliver 100 meals to home-bound seniors each week. Our newest initiative, a mobile soup kitchen expected to launch in 2022, will travel to remote areas to serve meals to those less fortunate.
- Identify and address potential institutional and systematic barriers that prevent underserved members of the community from full participation in the necessities of life and adequate living.
- Develop and implement specific outreach activity performance measures with expected outcomes and Love Forward program results, that ensure better program accountability and adjustments for the full benefit of the local community.
- Provide leadership and guidance on developing outreach plans for Love Forward and the community in which it serves.
- Expand and strengthen community relationships in order to increase capacity and contribute to technical and community assistance to the underserved and socially disadvantaged members of the local community.
- Provide oversight for all proposed Love Forward program and policy development to assure equity and accessibility by all underserved members of the local community, as well as sharing outreach information across all levels to increase the agency’s ability to reach more underserved and socially disadvantaged members of the local community.